To configure jumbo frames using the GUI:
- Go to Switching > Ports > Port Configuration.
- Select the port on which you want to enable jumbo frames.
- In the Maximum Frame Size field, change the value to the required value and then click the Apply button.
For example, if clients are set to an MTU size of 9000, then as a good practice, set the MTU size on the switch to a slightly higher value, such as 9216, to allow for the additional header size from clients.
The maximum frame size of the chosen port (1/0/1) is now changed to 9216.
To configure jumbo frames using the CLI:
1. From global mode, enter privilege/enable mode and then enter configure mode.
2. Enter in to the configuration of the port on which you want to enable jumbo frames.
(M5300-28G) (Config)#interface 1/0/1
3. Configure the maximum frame size using the mtu command followed by the value that you want to set.
(M5300-28G) (Interface 1/0/1)#mtu 9216