To access the switch management interface, you first need to discover the IP address of the switch on your network so that you can use your web browser to access it.
To set up your GS808E Nighthawk S8000 Gaming & Streaming Switch on a Windows computer (Windows 10):
- Use an Ethernet cable to connect LAN port 8 (UPLINK) on the switch to a LAN port on your router.
- Connect your gaming device to port 1, streaming device to port 2, and all other devices (including additional gaming and streaming devices) to the remaining ports 3‒7.
- Connect the power adapter to the switch and plug it in.
The blue Power LED on top of the switch lights and the port LEDs for connected devices light.
- Open Windows Explorer.
To open Windows Explorer, press the Windows key + E on your keyboard.
- Select Network.
- If prompted, enable the Network Discovery feature.
- Under Network Infrastructure, locate the Nighthawk S8000.
- Double-click the Nighthawk S8000.
The login page of the management interface displays and the switch IP address displays in the address bar.
- Enter the default switch password, which is password.
The home page displays.
- (Optional) For easier access to your switch in the future, assign a static IP address to your switch:
- From the switch’s home page, click IP.
- Click the slider under DHCP to disable DHCP.
- Record or bookmark the full IP address of your Nighthawk S8000 Switch.
- Click Apply.
- Select SETTINGS > Change Password.
- Enter password as the old password.
- Create a strong new password and enter it in the New Password and Retype New Password fields and click Apply.