Create LACP with Default MTU 1500 - OS X
1. Identify the location for each 10Gb Port by opening Network Utility
Network Utility Location = /System/Library/CoreServices/Applications/Network\ Utility.app
You can also Spotlight Search for it as well.
2. Locate each 10Gb interface location:
3. Open System Preferences
> System Preferences > Network
4. Click the Gear button to access the Menu
5. Select Manage Virtual Interfaces
6. Click on the + symbol and select New Link Aggregate
7. Enter the Aggregate Name and select both 10Gb Thunderbolt Ethernet Ports.
8. Click Create.
9. LACP_BOND_EXAMPLE has now been assigned to BSD Name bond0. Click Done
10. Click Apply to Save the Changes.
11. Now the LACP bond will have a yellow indicator after you click Apply. In this example, the bond configured itself with an IP Address of 169.254.67.24 with a class B subnet mask of 255.255.0.0. This will happen by default when there is no DHCP server and the client uses the self-configured IP address. All you need to do is assign the correct IP address and subnet mask that corresponds to your 10Gb network.
12. Before changing the IP address on the LACP bond, check to make sure both 10Gb ports are active. Go to Advanced
13. Verify the both ports in the Bond Status tab are both active (Sending/Receiving) and have an OK status.
14. Click OK to exit.
15. If you will be configuring a static IP Address, Configure IPv4 Manually
16. After assigning the IP Address and subnet mask on the LACP bond, click Apply. The indicator status light will turn to green after you click Apply.
(I'm not using a Router IP Address in this example)